Thursday, March 20, 2008
More Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I just can't get enough of a good banana bread. Seriously, you should know that I am absolutely weakened by the sight of browning bananas in the bowl on the counter coupled with the craving for a dense, gooey bread that's got some chocolate chips hiding for me. Weak! (And even weaker at allowing the bread to last more than a day or two before it has been polished off.)
And the best part of all? This bread is so easy that it's almost insulting. This recipe that I snagged from Orangette after being enticed by her mellifluous description, has baked in my oven so many times that it's just silly.
Banana Bread with Cinnamon Sugar Flake Crust
3 very ripe bananas
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Butter or spray 8" square pan and dust with a cinnamon/sugar mixture.
3. In a medium bowl, mash banana. Add eggs and stir well to combine.
4. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir to mix.
5. Add chocolate chips and stir until just mixed in. Pour batter into prepared pan.
6. In a small bowl, stir the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
7. Top with a sprinkling of chocolate chips and bake for 35-40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
8. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.